Are you looking to upgrade your house and/or its interior? Do you want to know where the best place to start would be? Here at Source Wood Floors, we believe you should start from the foundation of your house–flooring. Here are 11 important reasons as to why you should consider having solid oak flooring
in your house.
11 Benefits Of Solid Oak Flooring Solid oak flooring
is usually constructed from older trees sourced from all around Europe. They will then be dried and turned into exquisite floorboards. How can your house benefit from this type of flooring?
- Overall look- Solid oak flooring looks spectacular. At Source Wood Floors you can choose from: Suffolk, Corinthian, walnut and other species of wood, as well as our stained and aged oak range collection.
- Durability- Oak is a hardwood, which makes it extremely hardwearing. Many buildings have been built using solid oak flooring, and it is known for its excellent durability. Reclaimed oak floors from over 200 years ago can look just as great in your house. Oak, just like good wine, improves with age.
- Character- Solid oak flooring features attractive grain patterns. Many people that buy this flooring use the different grain patterns to liven up the overall look of the room, and to give it a more authentic style.
- Choice- Because of its popularity, oak flooring has been made available in various shades, grains and patterns, so finding a look suitable for your house easy.
- Maintenance- Oak floors are extremely easy to maintain. They react well to staining, and damage is easily fixed. Even deep scratches can be hidden by intense sanding and varnishing.
- Cleaning- This floor is easy to clean, and any spilled liquids can be removed without soaking the floor with dirt removing liquids. Also, solid oak floors don’t harbour dust, which makes them suitable for people with allergies.
- Natural insulator- Being a natural insulator, oak flooring keeps your house warmer during winter and cooler during summer months. This allows you to save money on your heating bills.
- Environment- Oak trees are a renewable resource, which is why companies plant more trees than they harvest. This keeps the cycle going and leaves more trees than there were for future generations, making it a sustainable source.
- Chemicals- Another reason why oak flooring is eco-friendly is that producing solid oak flooring requires very few chemicals (as the wood is cut, sawn and then dried). It is a great alternative to other wood choices.
- Price- Everything you invest in solid oak flooring will be worth it in the long run. Not only does it increase the value of your house, it allows you to save money on heating bills and maintenance.
- Change- Another great thing about solid oak flooring is that you can sand and retouch it several times to get a different appearance.
Solid Oak Flooring Is A Safe Choice
If you are looking to increase the value of your house, amongst other great benefits, solid oak flooring
is exactly what you need. Become a proud owner of this beautiful flooring and experience the advantages it can offer by calling Source Wood Floors today. For more information email us at: email@example.com
Or call us on: 01379 652613