Wooden decking looks great and can improve the look of your home’s exterior. However, in order to preserve these looks, it is a good idea to know how to protect your decking from being damaged. This is why it is advised that you utilise a proper exterior wood care
check in order to maintain your decking’s appearance and durability.
Simple And Effective Tips To Maintain Any Exterior Wood
If you maintain your wooden decking
properly, you can keep it looking great for many years to come. Here are a few suggestions on how you can keep your decking looking as good as new:
- Keep your wooden decking clean- Maintaining your decking becomes much simpler if you regularly sweep away the leaves. Sweeping your wooden decking once or twice a week will reduce the amount of maintenance you will need to do. You should regularly clean the gaps between floorboards to make sure there is no accumulated dirt. You should also remove bird droppings as soon as possible to reduce potential damage to the surface of the deck.
- Seal and stain-At first, use a pressure washer to remove mildew and old finish. Make sure it is between 1500-2500 PSI and no more in order to safely clean the surface without weakening it. Let the wood dry fully before applying the seal with a paint brush. You can also spray the seal, but this often requires much more seal material and may cost you more. We recommend using an ‘Osmo’ exterior finish, and sell a range of these on our website.
- Get the right equipment for the job- Always make sure that you are using the right materials to remove stains or to wash wood with. Different kinds of materials might require different maintenance.
- Fill the gaps- If you notice that there are cracks or gaps in the wood, you should remove them. All you have to do is apply oil to the affected area before filling the gap with fine grade sanding paper. Then your deck will be protected from accumulating dirt and moisture.
- Right drainage- You should make sure that the spaces between wood strips are wide enough to drain rainwater and aerate with ease.
These simple exterior wood care
tips will help you to protect your wooden decking throughout the year.
Improve Your Exterior Design With New Wooden Decking
Source Wood Floors offers a wide variety of wooden decking for your terrace or garden. You can enhance the aesthetics of your garden and the exterior of your home by adding some authentic exterior decking. We offer German hardwood decking, which provide the highest quality and comfort. In addition, we suggest taking advantage of our T & G (tongue and groove) system that helps to facilitate the installation process. Choose your timber decking from Source Wood Floors to make sure that you have the best wooden decking
in your garden. For further information about exterior wood care
please contact us on: 08456021781