If you have purchased unfinished wooden floors
you can choose from different finishes to complete their look. With this in mind you will also have to consider the steps you will need to take in order to maintain your floor, as different finishes have an impact on long term care.
Different Finishes For Wooden Floors
- If you choose water-based finishes for your wooden floors it won’t turn yellow over time as it is very durable.
- Oil-based finishes will give your floor more of an amber colour and take time to dry.
- Acid-cured finishes are extremely durable and easy to apply.
- Moisture-cured finishes are moisture resistant and appear clear to amber.
- If you try wax finishes for your wooden floors it will soak into the wood and harden it so your floor will be protected and last for a longer time.
- Acrylic impregnated finishes are injected into your wooden floors and rarely used for homes as it is a common choice for offices and other commercial buildings
Whatever finishes you choose it will bring out the natural beauty of the wood and emphasise its character a much more sophisticated way.
Why Use Finish For Your Wooden Floors?
It is important to use a finish as it will protect your flooring from wear, dirt and moisture. Each finish for wooden floors
has its own benefits and appearances and when applied will preserve the natural beauty of the wood and ensure it is durable for everyday use. Practical maintenance and cleaning should be carried out with ease. Take a proper care of your floor and don’t use standard household cleaning products as well as mechanical scrubbing equipment in order to avoid distressing the wood effect. For more information on ordering unfinished wood flooring and different oils, please call us on 07557 688667 or e-mail email@example.com