Do you want your wooden flooring
to last? Then you need to follow a simple maintenance routine to make your floor less susceptible to damage. Usually, people don’t really know where to begin when their floors have already become scratched, grimy or worn. Instead of using an expensive restoring service, you can perform the refinishing yourself once a year. This will help your real wood floors keep their initial beauty in future. Rejuvenate your wooden flooring with these simple tips.
Restoring Your Wooden Flooring With Expert Tips
Your wooden flooring can be revitalised with the following steps.
- If you have noticed that your wood floors have become dull, or that there are surface scratches, it is time to clean and polish them. If the scratches are more severe, you might need to re-sand or recoat-it. How do you know whether your hardwood floors require a full rejuvenation procedure? Do a simple test with a little bit of water – if a drop of water slowly soaks in to your floor, then a good cleaning and polishing will be enough. However, if the water drop soaks in instantly, the wood surface might require refinishing.
- If you have decided to refinish your wooden floors, then you should check if there is any staining or discolouration on the surface. You can use a mild soap solution and some warm water to remove them.
- Thoroughly sweep, vacuum, and then mop the floor afterwards with a very light vinegar solution. Let the floor completely air-dry before you proceed to the next step.
- Polish the surface of the floors with a grit screen or rotary floor buffer as it will allow you to apply the finish more evenly. Once you sand the floor, you should be left with a matte finish.
- Use your vacuum cleaner to remove any dust from the sanding process and clean the floors for a smooth surface.
- Use the same wood finish that was last applied to your wooden flooring. However, carry out a test before to see if it dries properly. Apply the new coat using a paint brush.
Allow the floor to dry out completely before applying a second coat of finish. If you follow this routine annually, your floors will stay beautiful for many years to come!
Quality Real Wood Flooring From Source Wood Floors
Do you have hardwood floors that are completely worn? It may be time to replace them with new wooden flooring from Source Wood Floors. Get your wood flooring from experts who have a wide variety of timber on offer. With proper maintenance, hardwood floors can last very long time. Follow our simple tips and enjoy the beauty and charm of natural wood flooring. If you want to keep the maintenance to a minimum, why not try engineered wood floors? Find these and many other types of flooring at Source Wood Floors. If you’d like to find out more about wooden flooring from Source Wood Floors, email us on email@example.com
or call 08456 021781.