doesn’t have to be an expensive investment. You can purchase affordable, quality wood and install it yourself. This cheap wood flooring
option will save you money, and with a DIY approach you can have it installed exactly how you like.
What To Bear In Mind When Installing Cheap Wood Flooring
If you are looking for the most cost effective wood flooring solution, DIY installation of cheap wood flooring
is an excellent way to save money. Below are some simple steps to make sure your floor is installed properly:
- Choose and measure- Choose the type of hardwood you want, and then measure the width and the length of the room. Then multiply the width by length of your room to calculate the area (in square metres). It is advisable to buy around 10 % more of the material than you need, just in case you make a mistake and need to reapply an area of the floor.
- Apply damp-proof underlay – All wooden floors should be fitted with an underlay. Subfloors made from concrete, asphalt, vinyl, quarry or tiles should be covered with a damp proof membrane. You can get combined underlay which offers protection against damp and evens our irregularities in the subfloor. A moisture test must always be undertaken, especially if you have a concrete sub floor, and always ask your wood flooring supplier for the permitted moisture levels.
- Put the boards in position- Lay the boards in their packaging horizontally in the room where they are to be fitted at least 48hrs before fitting. This will ensure they are ‘settled’, reducing warping or expansion.
- Fitting the wooden flooring- Start laying your boards from the furthest corner towards the door. Wooden flooring naturally expands and contracts, so make sure to leave a gap of 10mm between the boards and skirting/wall. There are DIY kits available with expansion spacers designed especially for this. Use a carpenter’s square and pencil to mark boards that need cutting.
- Finishing touches- Once the floor is fitted leave to rest for 48 hrs. Remove the expansion spacers and reinstall your skirting boards or beading to cover the expansion gap. You may need to re-hang your door depending on the height of your flooring.
A competent DIY enthusiast will be able to make a considerable saving by installing their wooden flooring themselves. If you follow these steps, the installation the process should be success. Remember however, to take the time to do the job properly and always measure twice before cutting. You should also be sure that your tools are suitable for the project you are planning. If you are not so confident, we advise you pay an experienced wood flooring professional to lay your floor. We can find you a professional fitting service, which upon request can provide you with high quality installation and a competitive quotation.
Source Wood Floors Is The Best Place To Find Cheap Wooden Flooring
We offer a wide choice of cheap wooden flooring
, so that we can provide the best service to all of our customers. You can find cost effective, high-quality flooring at our store. We ensure that you will receive the best value for money with our wooden flooring
. Save money by installing your own flooring today! For further information, please contact us on: 08456021781