How we use your information
We are committed to protecting your privacy. This privacy notice tells you what to expect when Source Wood Floors collects personal information. It applies to information we collect about:
- visitors to our websites;
- complainants and other individuals in relation to an enquiry;
- people who use our services; and
- job applicants and our current and former employees.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We do not disclose personal information about individuals to advertisers or sell your information to any other organisation for marketing purposes. Visitors to our websites
When someone visits www.sourcewoodfloors.co.uk
. People who email us
Any email sent to us, including any attachments, may be monitored and used by us for reasons of security and for monitoring compliance with office policy. Email monitoring or blocking software may also be used. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send to us is within the bounds of the law. People who make a complaint
When we receive a complaint from a person we make up a file containing the details of the complaint. This normally contains the identity of the complainant and any other individuals involved in the complaint.
We will only use the personal information we collect to process the complaint and to check on the level of service we provide.
We will keep personal information relating to complaints in a secure environment and access to it will be restricted according to the ‘need to know’ principle. People who enquire with us
Where enquiries are submitted to us we use the information supplied to process the enquiry. When consent is given, we will continue to contact the enquirer with information on services that we provide.
We may retain personal information, in the form of names and email addresses, for direct marketing communications.
Individuals can opt out of these communications at any time by unsubscribing via a link included in emails or contacting us directly using the details at the end of this Policy.
We will not share any personal data received through this method with third parties. Job applicants, current, and former employees
When individuals apply to work at Source Wood Floors, we will only use the information they supply to process their application. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau we will not do so without informing them beforehand unless the disclosure is required by law.
Once a person has taken up employment with us we will compile a file relating to their employment. The information contained in this file will be kept secure and will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment. Once their employment has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with the requirements of our retention schedule and then delete it. Disclosure of personal information
In many circumstances we will not disclose personal data without consent. However when we investigate a complaint, for example, we will need to share personal information with the organisation or individual concerned and with other relevant bodies.
There are also circumstances where we can pass on personal data without consent - for example, to prevent and detect crime and to produce anonymised statistics. Access to personal information
We try to be as open as possible in terms of giving people access to their personal information. Individuals can find out if we hold any personal information by making a ‘subject access request’ under the General Data Protection Regulation. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request for any personal information we may hold, you need to put the request in writing and send it to the address provided below.
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
If we do hold information about you, you can ask us to correct any mistakes by, once again, contacting us.
As an individual, if you have issues accessing your personal information with any organisation you have the right to lodge a compliant with the ICO. Your Rights as a Data Subject: Right to Rectification
- the right to request us to rectify inaccurate personal data. Right to Object
- the right to object to processing based on either public interests or legitimate interests. Processing must stop, unless we demonstrate compelling grounds for continuing the processing or that the processing is necessary in connection with our legal rights. Right to Object to Direct Marketing
Right to be Forgotten
- the right to have us erase personal data without undue delay. Contingent on the occurrence of one of the following:
Right to Restrict Processing
- The data is no longer necessary;
- You withdraw your consent (where consent is our legal basis for processing);
- We have no overriding grounds for continuing processing against the objectification;
- Processing was unlawful;
- Erasure is necessary with EU or national law.
- the right to have us restrict processing if:
Right of Data Portability
- The accuracy of the data is contested;
- Processing is unlawful;
- We no longer need the data for its original purpose, but need it for legal purposes;
- Erasure is pending.
- the right to receive a copy of your data in a commonly used machine-readable format for transfer to another controller. This will either be in .xls or .csv format.
Source Wood Floors neither makes a decision solely by automated means without any human involvement nor engages in automated processing of personal data to evaluate certain things about an individual. Hence your right related to automated decision making including profiling does not apply with us.
Any formal subject access request should be made in writing to the address below. This will be provided free of charge. However we may charge a reasonable fee for repetitive, unfounded, or excessive requests or additional copies. Retention & Deletion
We retain your information while you or your company remains an active client, unless you ask us to delete your information. If you stop being an active client we will retain your information for the periods defined in our retention policy unless you request that your details be deleted. However, we will only contact you if we believe the information we intend to send to you could be of 'legitimate interest' to you or your company.
If you have signed up to receive our newsletter or requested information from us, we will retain your information until you request to be removed/deleted. Subject to the exceptions described below, we delete or anonymise your information when it's reached the end of its retention period as per our policy or upon request from you. For further information regarding our retention periods and policy, please contact us at the address provided at the end of this policy.
Subject to applicable law, we may retain information after account deletion:
Complaints or queries
- If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an outstanding invoice on your account.
- If necessary for legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention.
- If we are required to by applicable law; and/or in aggregated and/or anonymised form.
We try to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice was drafted with brevity and clarity in mind. It does not provide exhaustive detail of all aspects of our collection and use of personal information. However, we are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Any requests for this should be sent to the address below. Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within our site to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 31 October 2018. How to contact us
Source Wood Floors
Diss Business Centre
Norfolk IP21 4HD